The Alzheimer’s Society 'Dementia Friends' programme is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.
The team at Fonemedia attended an in-house interactive Dementia Friends Information Session last week, run by our local Dementia Champion - Anne, with the aim of learning more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turn that understanding into action.
The 5 main key messages;
1. Dementia is not a natural part of aging.
2. Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
3. Dementia is not just about losing your memory - it can affect thinking, communicating and doing everyday tasks.
4. It’s possible to live well with dementia.
5. There’s more to a person than the dementia.
- anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend. If you would like to hold a session, please contact our Dementia Champion Anne Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.